Find out who your legislators are by visiting the Minnesota Legislature website.
- At the bottom of the homepage, enter your address and press return.
- Click on your representative and call the legislative assistant, whose name and number are listed, to schedule a meeting. If no L.A. is listed, call the number given; the L.A. will answer.
- Be sure to tell the L.A. that you are a constituent and let them know the issue that you would like to discuss with your legislator.
- Let the L.A. know that you would like to meet for about 10-15 minutes. Let the L.A. know approximately how many people will be at the meeting.
- Click on your senator and repeat the steps you took while calling your representativeäó»s office.
Do not be intimidated!
Legislators love to meet with their constituents! As educators and leaders, they want to hear from you about what you are experiencing in the field and how we can work together to make education better for all students in Minnesota.